Providing Solutions for Cold Chain Delivery
Here at VeriLocation, we thrive on a good challenge, so when we were approached to come up with a solution to an everyday problem in the cold chain delivery industry, we jumped at the chance.
Typically in this sector of the industry, businesses use a temperature logger as a way of reporting historical temperature data to the client. This means that any problem with the control of the temperature in the vehicle will only be recognised some time after the flaw has occurred.
The solution we came up with was to combine wireless temperature probes with our GPS system which instantly provides real-time temperature updates. This means that any problem that may arise can be detected straight away from an online account or via an alert when the temperature reaches beyond a set threshold.
Not only will the GPS telematics box send over real-time temperature data, but it will also show you where the vehicle is, how fast it is travelling, evidence that it reached its destination on time and also how fuel efficient the driver was travelling. All data gets stored in our in-house secure servers and can be pulled off as a report at any time.
As we recognise that every company is different in terms of how they operate and what they require, we have several options for you to choose from:
- RFid reader and tags for a wireless solution - no drilling, up to 20 probes per vehicle (ability to measure temp of different compartments), each calibrated by LAb3.
- Thermo-coupled wires for trailer chambers - up to 5 per vehicle.
- Digital interfacing where existing cooler equipment can be accessed.
- Battery powered versions available for donkey engined trailers.
- In-vehicle data recorders with its own mini printer - allows print-off of proof of temperature for each delivery.